Come along to this fun, interactive workshop style course where parents and caregivers will learn:
- how literacy is more than just reading
- the essential skills that are crucial for the whole family
- that family literacy activities can be fun and easy to plan
- how to tailor shared reading to your child
- how to help your child get organised
- how to create an environment of learning
and much more! Ideal for families with children aged 4 to 8 years old, but everyone is welcome!
To enrol for this course please call the Waiheke Adult Learning office ph 09 372 9868 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Learning Centre, Artworks
2 Korora Road
Phone: 09 372 9868
Lynn Cumming has worked for 10 years at Waiheke Adult Learning as a Literacy Tutor and our Student Co-ordinator. Lynn currently teaches family literacy courses and leads our apprentice study skills programme.
Lynn is passionate about helping youth and families to improve their confidence and literacy skills. She also has a background in supporting people with special educational needs, including dyslexia.
Lynn is especially interested in finding interesting and relevant ways to promote learning, using all our five senses. No class is the same so come along, challenge yourself and have fun!