Start building your site with Squarespace. It is a WYSIWIG editor (What You See Is What You Get). This means you will not need to write code.
What You’ll Learn
- How to use Squarespace
- The basic anatomy of a site – Navigation, Pages, Type Styles, Links, Cover or Landing pages.
- Using templates
- Drawing up a site map
- Formatting text
- Finding and formatting imagery
- Linking to Social Media
- Creating forms
- Inserting maps, buttons, video and audio
- Linking to your domain name and getting your site live!
- Basic computer skills, e.g. saving files, word processing and using an internet browser.
What To Bring
- A laptop to go online
- An idea for a site!
Costs of running a Squarespace site
Squarespace is free for a 2 week trial so you will not need to pay initially. When you decide to go live you will need a credit card to pay a monthly subscription fee for hosting and running your site. Subscription fees starts at 9US$ a month. A .com web address is included and 24/7 support is included. If you want to use a .nz address for your site you will have to purchase a domain name separately. This is usually around $25 NZ/year.
The Learning Centre, Artworks
2 Korora Road
Phone: 09 372 9868
Vibeke is a Waiheke based graphic and web designer who has been working with Squarespace for 6 years. I love empowering my clients with the right digital tools and helping them improve their on and offline presence and with that building their business!